Sunday 26 July 2015

Dealing with being stuck.....



Hi,

 I was listening to a podcast today about what to do when you get get stuck and one of the points made was for one to analyze the reason for getting stuck (especially if it is a recurring thing)

Personally, I think the reason I get stuck is because I attempt a complete life overhaul and naturally, I do get overwhelmed and get stuck! The reality is that I still have my daily life schedules to deal with and old habits just wont disappear into thin air. IT IS A PROCESS! It is amazing how often I forget this. So I am saying to myself this morning,

 Dammie,

1) You will have greater success if you make small meaningful changes and build from there. Living a balanced life is a marathon and not a sprint.

2) Manage your expectations and set yourself up for LONG TERM success. Rome was not built in a day, It has taken you 29 years to form the bad habits of today, and you will not be able to change it in 29 days. While that is ambitious, It is not realistic. Pace yourself.

3) Be kind to yourself! Celebrate 'little' successes. Celebrate progress no matter how minute.

4) Look around you, there are lots of tools and resources you can use to make your goals and life easier to manage. For instance, getting a book on time management or an app that helps you track your fitness and nutrition.

5)Find support. While it is great to be your own man and be focused on your goals and all, there is great advantage in finding support. The truth is that you will not always be motivated and you will need all the support you can get. Find someone to go on this journey together and be accountable to. You will be amazed at how much help that will be.

Thinking about my weight loss journey, I think this are the things that have really helped me. Do I have bad days, yes! but I choose not to let them bother me. I pick myself back up and just move on! try harder next time. No pressure.

One thing I must also add is this;

GET EDUCATED!.....The way my mind works or should I say that the way I get myself to actually do stuff is by what I call "obsessing".....So I find myself spending time reading about whatever it is I want to do, every of my spare time is used researching about the thing and then more importantly seeking out success stories and soaking up all the positive energy. Researching more and more about their methods and approach. It is what puts me in a 'doing' mode. It just keeps me going.

I really want to embrace this method of staying focused and motivated in other areas of my life.

OK,

So that is about it for now. this is where I am now after my crazy episode. lol. I am really hopeful that the next couple of days and weeks will be much better.

I also sincerely hope someone learns something from this. As always please let me hear from you! It helps! :)


Cheers!

'Dammie

No comments:

Post a Comment