Wednesday 25 February 2015

Living a Balanced Life

Wow!

I cant believe it is over a week I blogged! mehn my fingers have been so itchy but I really wanted to keep to my promise.

So, I finally finished going through my audio book  The Balanced Christian Life and I really do not know where to begin! I am a changed being!

I am highly recommending this to anyone who feels overwhelmed with life! Anyone who cares about how they live life, and anyone who cares about living optimally.

The things I learnt:


  • The importance of living a balanced life - the truth is as long as one aspect of our life suffers, our LIFE suffers! It is impossible to have success in just one area of your life, it is only a matter of time before the failed areas bring it down! Major life areas include: Spiritual, Physical , Social and Mental.

  • Living on purpose - Defining one's reason for being. You know how they say imagine you struggle to climb to the top and after it all, on getting to the top, you realize the ladder has been leaning on the wrong wall. That is what happens when we refuse to define purpose at the beginning. WHAT DO I HOPE TO ACHIEVE WITH MY LIFE?
                  
                  Finding purpose is what inspires us to do what needs to be done day by day. 

           
           What I love about this book is that you actually also get a workbook that helps you through a               step by step process of discovering and defining your purpose if you don't already know it. 

  • Goal Setting with God - I particularly love this. You see, a part of me felt setting goals was sort of useless especially as a christian. You see, the church has sold us this "faith" life where we feel all we need to do is just pray really hard and somehow all of our life will fall in place...A big lie from the pit of hell!!! As Christians, we must set goals....make our vision plain and run with it! I love love love the step by step process in the workbook as well. How to list action plans that one must embark on to achieve the goals. And more importantly I love that it touches all the core area of our life. 

  • Lastly, Simplifying One's life! See life is not hard, and we really need to just take things easy, yes I know there is an urgency that comes with living but simplifying our life ensures we only do things that really matter, ensures we give adequate time to de-stress an refuel. I for one have learnt a long time ago that getting yourself stressed over issues or work is counter-productive. It is impossible to function optimally when stressed. Really learnt a lot about how to simplify and plan ones day to achieve the highest impact on our overall purpose. And of course a super reward and renewal system. 


Gosh! this post feels super long! Yhoor! My apologies, I really am just super excited! 

Now I need to say that it is not like suddenly my whole life is perfect! In fact, far from it. Like never before I have been so depressed....(I will discuss this better in my next post.) The devil knows I am on the right part and he is doing all he can to frustrate the work in me BUT, I am an overcomer, I HAVE OVERCOME! 


Still working through my workbook, really want to take my time with that one. Hopefully, I will talk to you about that soon.


PS

If there is anyone out there, how are you doing? Chale, life can be really hard but hang in there....please hang in there. God is with you! You are loved!


Cheers

'Dammie

No comments:

Post a Comment