Thursday 19 March 2015

Best Believe!

Hello,

I don't know how many of you experience the struggle.....the struggle to be a changed person.

You try so hard...do all the worship centers tell you to do...Join the workforce, pay your tithes, partake in the 100 days fast declared by the pastor.... do everything....But still when you look at your life, or when you lay down and reflect, deep down you know, that you are not better. And then you struggle some more....

Funny thing is, the more we struggle, the more we fall short......Why do we work so hard when Jesus already said IT IS FINISHED. We busy ourselves being human-doings as opposed to human-beings.

I find myself asking.....Is it worth it? Struggling so much...It is not like I am ever going to beat this on my own....Why is it so difficult to just BELIEVE....and trust Him?

I realized that what we really struggle with is the simplicity of the gospel, we find it difficult to BELIEVE......and I know this is a process.....But, it is the degree to which we believe that we begin to BE.

When we stand up, no one struggles or even thinks twice about it, or worry about their feet carrying the weight of their body...you just stand and go because you trust your legs. It is what it does, it moves you from once place to another.

Cant but ask;

Do I really believe the gospel?
Do I really believe what Jesus did on the cross?
Do I really believe God is good and He loves me?
Do I trust Him enough to make me all that He has called me to be?
Do I trust His process?
Do I really believe all He has spoken concerning me?

What is the implication of my belief?

#SELAH....pause and think upon these things


Romans 8 The Message (MSG)

The Solution Is Life on God’s Terms

5-8 Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God’s action in them find that God’s Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored.
9-11 But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won’t know what we’re talking about. But for you who welcome him, in whom he dwells—even though you still experience all the limitations of sin—you yourself experience life on God’s terms. It stands to reason, doesn’t it, that if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he’ll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus, bringing you alive to himself? When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life. With his Spirit living in you, your body will be as alive as Christ’s!

 
                    

       Our outstanding advantage is Zoe......the life of God in us!   #PrayForMe....#PrayForUs.

No comments:

Post a Comment